Friday, July 22, 2011

Sorting columns in the bank reconciliation section of QuickBooks


Did you know you can sort any column while in the bank reconciliation screen of your QuickBooks program?

Just click on the header of any of the columns and you can sort by whichever column you need to help you reconcile.  I like to sort by ref number when clearing checks.  Sometimes I find it easier to sort by amount when clearing debit transactions or deposits.

One warning, however, if you sort by the cleared column (the one with the check mark), if you click to look at a transaction, it will jump to cleared and will not open.  This freaked me out the first time I sorted by this column because I did it on an account with a large bank reconciliation and I could not find where my transaction jumped to.  So be careful when viewing by the cleared column.  Just view these transactions from there, do not click on them.


The following are some screenshots of how your transactions will look when you click on each header:

Click on any photo to enlarge

By payee


By Date


By Ref #


Courtesy of our colleague Lynda Artesani, Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor in SW Florida

No comments:

Post a Comment